Monday, December 24, 2007

Flight of the Steel Bird

Flight of the Steel Bird

There's a time when fate and faith meet. Then miracles happen. Then happiness seduces all into bliss.

Bliss... here we fathom that it is only the unfathomable complexities of both fate and faith in life that brew happiness.

There's probably a good reason why it was delayed. There is undoubtedly a boon in learning to fly late, when one can understand, experience, take pleasure and cherish all that one sees, believes and does.

There's probably a good reason why the meeting of fate with faith was delayed, but it happened, the miracle. A maiden voyage.

Miracles don't come easy. A rough start. Patchy weather, maintenance, conditioning all of them matter in a flight. All the elements were against the start. Temperature fluctuated, irretrievable objects were hurled at the last moment, shields were raised, efficiency took a blow and so did the conditioning. But those things would not be a match to the faith; those things could not stand tall in fate's game.

Come what may, they say. In a lighter sense... in comparison to the joy, the happiness,,, the experience, all was overcome. She had come, the beautiful daylight with the mighty sun, peeping with her tenderness though the gray clouds in assurance. The much awaited day, the maiden flight, My maiden flight.

Then they decided, fate and faith, 'we’ve played enough, the time has come. Fly.'

Tender disappointment was over come with the bliss in the agreement.

The rough Road seemed a road of butter in the happiness; it melted away at my feet as i gained the momentum. I have learned to fly and now,,,, I fly.

Smooth with all the precision that was expected of me, I glided. The tiny jolts did not matter, I simply spread my wings and soared. Climbing higher the earthly sights melted away. I could see the sun and yet shivered. I was one with the wind when I was not so. The paradoxes played the role of reality if that was possible. I flew.

Rising steadily higher, calmness greeted me. Serenity was all around. Corruption and malice nowhere in sight, I soared higher, reaching the highest an earth bound soul can dream of. The highest I have reached the fastest I have dreamt, I spread my wings leaving behind reality, leaving behind my home.

At 37000 feet, soaring was more swimming than flying. I was amongst white cotton candy drifting in peace, cheering me on, parting way at my arrival, smiling and gleaming gloriously behind me in the sea of blue skies. A drop of brown was not to be seen. I was closer to the cosmos than I could afford any day. Above me, though I could not see, I knew she watched me in silent amusement that parents smile with at a toddler's antics.

I smiled back; I knew luck was with me. But apparently fate had decided to prolong her game for amusement. The sun he gleamed, the clouds they drifted, daylight she smiled, but the wind,,,, she blew.

Humility is the trait of good upbringing. Humility a necessity not an accessory. But in all words spoken for the truth, I am and will be but a humble nobody in comparison to the giants of the sky sea. Apparent it was at the entrance to my miracle, that I was an amateur, stepping into the turf of giants, and those of sylphs.

The awe at the sight of preparatory procedures for the giants as they stood there tall, long and with silent majesty, duty bound and proud, even if it was the smallest of giants, gave me away. With amusement again she smiled down at me, cosmos.

But a gentle giant I can call myself in comparison to the swift sylphs and the powerful lords. Sturdy build and majestic wings were a gift even one as me was blessed with. Fate, she decided games done, I would be tested here, more than anything. She told the wind, 'Let's see what happens.'

My sturdy wings of metal stiff to earthly conditions, flapped like mica under her force. She blew and danced about me with all her might. She rocked my fuselage up and down. But learning from the giants, I was duty bound. I ploughed on and she eased up. I ploughed on wondering, if my wings of strength bowed to her might, how then would a tiny sparrow sway, how then would they soar to her strength and then she gave me a break.

Fate and faith they smiled again, the exhilaration was back. The ecstasy indescribable.

The joy, oh it made me forget why it was that I was denied this happiness till this blessed day.

The rush of excitement continued to replenish my joy, the lightheadedness continued to spark silent laughter within. For it recurred to me at various moments that I was the show and not the audience.

Disbelief battled with certainty, but I soared on.

The wind she kept her watch on me. Turbulence wasn't to be an issue. The maiden flight was decided by fate to go well, that I knew, and so it would be. Now I watched the cotton candy gleaming a royal gleam, I cherished the vastness of the world, however insignificant I seemed. So I moved on, new places to come, though indistinguishable from above greeted me with treasure for a memory.

A sea of lone blue serene and strong beckoned me on elusively as I reached out, the sea of lone cotton candy they gathered as a kind to purify all the world behind me white.

So there I soared swift as any bird would dream, now aided by the wind and the sun and even the pure white sea. With not a soul around, the world to myself I flew, then alone did I realize, good things are few.

My miracle she came, but then sometime she had to end. And so I neared my destiny feeling 'quite out of the blue'.

Fate and faith they cheered me on, 'don't worry, you ain't through.' Tenderly she smiled and nodded to fate, ' she will be back again.' fate laughed, ' yes my dear, shiny as she ever can.'

So now they cheered me even more, my candy friends of sea, the wind she kissed me tenderly and guided my wings to safety. As I soared to the world, bid them a short adieu. 'I will be back, fresh and we begin anew.'

Now I felt the world call out, she pulled me closer to her still. She gave me a butter roadway, so I would feel again the thrill. Smooth I landed because of that and of my teacher's skill. Rumbling gently along, till I finally could stand still.

No comments: